Vista Nation XC 2-Mile Recap
Congrats on a great start to the season! Here are the meet results and post race recap from Milesplit.
2019 Meet Schedule (Link)
Battle Mountain Husky Invitational
When: Saturday, August 31st
Where: Maloit Park, Minturn Nordic Center, 1 Academy Loop, Minturn, CO 81645
Transportation: We are taking 2 buses up to the meet. This is about a 3 hour bus ride so we need to leave early. Please arrive at Vista by 5:15 a.m. We are leaving at 5:30 a.m.
Meet Information and Schedule (doc)
Course Map (pdf)
Lunch: Please pack a lunch with you for the ride home. We want to get everyone home at a decent time so we will eat on the road. We plan to stop for bathroom breaks. Bring money if you want to buy snacks on the way home.
Schedule: Boys Varsity 10:00 am (run 7)
Girls Varsity 10:30 am (run 7)
Boys JV 11:10 am (run unlimited)
Girls JV 11:50 am (run unlimited)
Awards 12:30 pm
Leaving the Meet w/ Your Parents: If you are going to leave the meet w/ your parents please tell us after the awards ceremony on Saturday.
Labor Day Run
We are not going to meet on the Monday of Labor Day for practice. Please check the training schedule and get in the long run on your own that day. Or call a teammate to run together.
Schedule: August 26th-Sept 1st
Monday: Writer's Vista Park
(1900 W Mineral Ave, Littleton, CO 80120)
Tuesday: MVHS 3:10
Wednesday: MVHS 3:10
Thursday: Redstone Park 3:10
Friday: MVHS 3:10
Saturday: Husky XC Invitational
Maloit Park, Minturn Nordic Center, 1 Academy Loop, Minturn, CO 81645
Sunday: On Your Own
Monday: On Your Own, or call a teammate for the long run.
Training Calendar for August 2019
Every week a training plan will be posted for you to follow. This will help you to know what your daily workouts are before you come to practice each day along w/ knowing what to run on the weekends if we don't have practice.
- Training Calendar for August (link)
- Training Plan Assignments for the Season (link)
- All freshman are on plan 1 for the season. If you do not see your name on a plan please come see one of the coaches.
Hosted by Jessica Barich
- Potluck Style. Please bring your assigned dish, assignments rotate weekly.
- Please don't show up empty handed
- Bring enough for 8 people
- Try to keep it healthy-ish
- Label your dishes and remind your athlete to bring your dishes home
- We have plenty of serving utensils- no need to send those
- Athletes- bring your water bottles.
- Parents are welcome to stop in and check it out.
- Remember to clean up after yourselves and thank your hosts.
- Dinner starts at 5:30 pm- feel free to contact Mr. or Mrs. Barich if you want to drop your dish ahead of time.
Freshmen Boys- Chocolate Milk & Cups
Freshmen Girls- Fruit
Seniors- Salad (Pre-tossed and Dressed Caesars are a big hit)
Huge Thank You to the Barich family for hosting.