Online Payment for our 4 month winter conditioning camp (January 1st to May 1st) is now available. If you have already paid by check there is not need to fill out the electronic form. Those paying by credit card for winter conditioning can do so at the following link:
Suggestions for Iron Supplements
Earlier this winter information was posted about the importance that iron plays in helping all distance runners reach their full potential. Since that post we have received a lot of questions about which iron supplement athletes should be taking. The coaching staff does not have a favorite, but there are several great and inexpensive options out there that have worked for us in the past. Here are just a few that you can order from Amazon and have delivered to your door this week:
- The Importance of Iron in Distance Runners (Blog Post)
- Why You Should Get Your Ferritin Levels Checked (Blog Post)
- A letter from a doctor, with references, about ferritin levels for endurance athletes that you can take with you to your medical provider when you get tested. (Doc)
- Are Your Ferritin Levels Up to Speed? Top Coaches Take Tests for Iron Seriously (article)
- Ironing Out the Details: Know the facts about ferritin and iron before deciding to supplement (article)
- Iron Level Upkeep For Distance Runners (article)
Meeting Indoors to Start and Finish Practice
We have been given the green light to be back inside of Mountain Vista to start and end practices. However, there are a few safety guidelines that we must follow.
- Masks: Masks must be worn when inside of the building at all times. No exceptions! If you do not bring a mask to practice we cannot let you inside.
- Socially Distanced: When in the hallway to stretch or to do SAM athletes must remain 6 feet apart. No exceptions!
- Where to Meet?: On the days the weather calls for us to meet inside the boys will meet Coach Palmer at the end of the front Hallway (north end) and the girls will meet Coach Lowell in the hallway by the front office.
- When Will We Meet Inside?: When the weather sucks! Look for a message in Final Surge form Coach Dalby before practice if we decide to meet inside.
Schedule for January 25th-31st
Workouts for this week are currently posted on Final Surge. Please take a look for details.
Mon: MVHS @ 3:10
Tue: A.M. Weight Room @ 6 a.m.
P.M. MVHS @ 3:10
Wed: Redstone Park @ 3:20
Thur: Rocky Heights Middle School @ 3:20
Fri: A.M. Weight Room @ 6:30 a.m.
P.M. MVHS @ 3:10
Sat: Writer's Vista @ 8 a.m.
Sun: On your own -or- Call a teammate
Winter Race Series Information
- Winter Race Series Flyer (PDF)
- The February 27th 1600 competition is moving from Niwot HS to Echo Park Stadium, in Parker.