- Uniforms can be turned in to Coach Dalby in L503.
- Uniforms must be turned in by the last day of school to avoid an athletic fine.
- Athletes that do not turn in uniforms will be fined $100 ($50 for top/$50 for shorts).
- State Participants and Seniors: Please bring your uniform to the banquet, or to Coach Dalby in L503.
End of the Season Awards Banquet
When: Thursday, May 26th from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Where: MVHS Commons
Who: All 2022 Mountain Vista Track and Field athletes and their families are welcome to attend.
Dress: Look nice.
Prupose: To celebrate the success of our season and our Seniors.
Summer Cross Country Camp
Who: All middle school and high school cross country/distance athletes wanting to prepare for the upcoming fall cross country season. Incoming 6th graders are also welcome to join our middle school camp.
What: A 9 week summer training program for dedicated cross country runners looking to get ready for the 2022 season.
When: Mondays through Fridays from 7:00 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. starting June 6th to August 6th. High school athletes will also have the option to meet on Saturday mornings as a team throughout the summer for our weekly long run.
Where: We meet at a variety of locations throughout the Highlands Ranch area to run. Practice locations will be posted each week at www.vistanationxc.com
Additional Information: For more detailed information about our summer XC program please visit the following link on our website.
Pre-Season XC Meeting
When: Wednesday, May 25th @ 12:30 p.m.
Where: Dalby's Room (L503)
What: To talk about summer running, fall XC, summer goal setting BBQ, NXRSW trip eligibility to Arizona: November 17-19, potential spring 2023 travel meets for track, time off from running, new aerobic monster shirts, and other important Vista Nation XC agenda items.
Time Off From Running
After your last race of the season it is time for a much needed break from running. Everyone should plan on taking at least 2 weeks off. A few things to consider:
- Take a 2 full weeks off from running. Let your body recuperate after a long season of XC training and racing.
- No organized training at this time. If you want to go for a walk, hike, play basketball, or anything else non-structured, do it! Keep things simple and fun.
- If you would like to take a 3rd week off, do it! Your XC season will not suffer because you took 3 weeks off.
- Athletes should wait to return to training in June once they are feeling refreshed, mentally ready, and motivated to do so. If that means more than 3 weeks off then you should take it.
- No intense workouts in June. Just easy running and enjoying running with your teammates. We will return to faster workouts sometime in July.
If you have not had your ferritin levels checked since the end of XC please do so before the start of summer running. Our recommendation is to have your ferritin levels checked at a minimum of twice a year: Once after the track season, and once after XC season. If the last time you had your levels checked was after XC, it is time to get them looked at again.
Below is information about the importance of iron/ferritin for distance runners. Please review as needed, and have your iron levels checked if you have not recently done so. This goes for both boys and girls.
Rule of thumb, get your ferritin levels checked at least twice a year by your doctor. A ferritin level of 30 is the minimum number acceptable for adequate performance as a distance runner. We also recommend that every athlete on the team be taking an iron supplement that works for them. Please come talk to the coaches if you have questions.
- The Importance of Iron in Distance Runners (Blog Post)
- Why You Should Get Your Ferritin Levels Checked (Blog Post)
- A letter from a doctor, with references, about ferritin levels for endurance athletes that you can take with you to your medical provider when you get tested. (Doc)
- Are Your Ferritin Levels Up to Speed? Top Coaches Take Tests for Iron Seriously (article)
- Ironing Out the Details: Know the facts about ferritin and iron before deciding to supplement (article)
- Iron Level Upkeep For Runners (article)