Payment: If you have not paid yet please bring a check to Coach Dalby made out to the MVHS XC Booster Club on Monday.
Airport Transportation: Please arrange your own ride to and from the airport this week.
Check-in: Go the Southwest ticket counter to check-in when you arrive. We will meet you at the gate.
Itinerary: Here is the tentative itinerary for this weekend (pdf)
Meet Info/Website: http://nxrsw.runnerspace.com/
Schedule For The Week of Nov 14th-20th
Mon- MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue-MVHS 3:10 a.m.
Wed- A.M- 6 a.m. @ Vista
-P.M. RedStone Park 3:20 p.m.
Thur-Run in Arizona
Fri- Run in Arizona
Sun-Optional run on your own, or day off
Training Document for November 14th-20th
Please review this weeks training document so that you know what your runs are before coming to practice each day.
Link to Team Training Document
Pre-Season Track Meeting
When: Monday, November 21st from 3:00-3:15
Where: Lower 501
What: Cover winter conditioning info for track, spring meet schedule, etc.
Winter Conditioning Cost: Distance Runners $100
(Checks made out to MVHS XC Booster)
(Checks made out to MVHS Track Booster)
Checks Due: Tuesday, January 3rd made out to MVHS Track Booster Club
Spring Break Arizona Trip
The track trip for the spring has been finalized. We will be traveling to the Phoenix metro area for the Chandler Rotary Invitational, instead of the San Francisco Trip. There will be standards to meet for this trip. Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby (distance runners), or Coach Kunz (sprinters, jumpers, throwers) before booking airfare for this trip to see if they will be able to attend or not. Here is the preliminary info:
- Trip Dates: Arriving in Phoenix on Thursday, March 23rd. Flying home the morning of Sunday, March 26th.
- Meet Website (link)
- Meet Standards (link): Athletes must either meet these standards, or show the potential to meet standards to be eligible for trip
- Airfare: Athletes are responsible for booking their own flights. Start looking early as flights to Phoenix over spring break can be a little more expensive.
- Talk w/ A Coach: Athletes will need to talk with either Coach Dalby, or Coach Kunz before booking tickets. We are only guaranteed 2 athletes per event, and a 3rd and 4th athlete if meet standards are meet (or potential to meet standard has been shown).
- Parent Help: We will be in need of parent chaperones on the trip to help transport student-athletes around. If you are planning on attending the trip, and are willing to chaperone, please email Coach Dalby.
- Hotel: Hampton Inn Chandler Fashion Square (link)
- We currently have 13 athletes/coaching rooms booked here for Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night. Parent Chaperones are responsible for booking their own accommodations.
- Athlete Costs: Athletes are responsible for the full cost of the trip including airfare, hotel, meals, rental cars, spending money. Payment for hotel, rental cars will be due the week of spring break.