Mon: MVHS Track @ 3 p.m.
Tue: Redstone Park @ 3:20 p.m.
Coach Boele is Here Today
Wed: MVHS Fields @ 3 p.m.
Thur: Continental League Championship
Fri: MVHS Track @ 3 p.m.
Sat: DeKoevend Park @ 8 a.m.
Sun: On Your own or w/ a teammate
Continental League Championships
When: Thursday, October 12th
Where: Salisbury Equestrian Park in Parker
- Address: 11920 N Motsenbocker Rd, Parker, CO 80134
- All Vista athletes will be dismissed at the conclusion of 5th period at 9:45. Athletes should provide their own transportation to and from the meet.
- 1:30 Varsity Boys (Benji, Ben A, Jake, Mckay, Will, Alex, Jay)
- 2:00 Varsity Girls (Peyton, Juliet, Zoe, Claire, Marin, Carly, Gabi)
- 2:30 JV Boys (Sean, Andrew, John, Chase, Ben R., Jack, Jono)
- 3:00 JV Girls (Addi, Kaylie, Heidi, Riley, Shelby, Adeline, Ariana)
- 3:30 Open Boys (All Vista athletes not running V or JV)
- 4:10 Open Girls (All Vista athletes not running V or JV)
- 5:00 Awards and Team Meeting
Awards to top 14 in each race and top team overall in each race.
- Paved parking lots on north side of complex will be open all day for athlete parking. The south/east end of the dirt lot will be for spectator parking.
5A Region 2 Update
When: Thursday, October 19th @ 4:15 P.M.
Where: Lincoln Park Golf Course in Grand Junction
1240 Gunnison Ave. Grand Junction, CO 81501
Line-ups: Will be determined after the League Meet. We are allowed to race 9 varsity boys and 9 varsity girls at the regional. There is no JV or open division at this meet.
State Qualification: Top 4 Teams and Top 15 Individuals
Arrival Time: No later than 2:15 p.m.
The Douglas County School District cannot provide bussing for this trip. Due to the high cost of chartering a bus (over $6000) for this trip and hotel costs we are going to drive to Grand Junction. Here are the options for athletes.
- Option 1: Ride with coaches. We will be leaving from the MVHS parking lot the morning of the race at 9:30 a.m. on October 19th. We will rent minivans if necessary. The coaches will drive back to MVHS at the conclusion of the meet.
- Option 2: Ride with your families. If your family is going to the meet you can ride to Grand Junction with them. It is also okay for athlets to ride with another family. Please be at the golf course no later than 2:15 p.m.
- Option 3: Go the day before. Some athletes/families has expressed interest in going to Grand Junction the night before. This is okay with the coaches as long as you are at practice Wednesday morning. The decision to go the day before is being left up to individual families to decide.
Fall Break Schedule: October 16th-22nd
Monday: MVHS Track @ 8 a.m.
Tuesday: State Meet Course Preview
Bear Creek Park in Colorado Springs @ 9 a.m.
Wednesday: MVHS @ 8 a.m.
Thursday: 5A Region 2
8 a.m. practice @ MVHS if not competing
Friday: No practice. Run on your own or w/ a teammate
Saturday: Aspen Grove Panera @ 8 a.m.
Sunday: On your own or w/ a teammate
2023 Booster Club Donations
To ensure that we have adequate funding for the 2023 fall XC season the coaching staff is asking that each family on the team make a donation of $100 to our XC Booster club. Our estimated cost to run the program this fall is approximately $8000, which covers such necessities as meet entry fees ($300-$500 per meet) and our team licensed massage therapist (Coach Boele) to be at practice.
If families cannot donate $100, then we ask you to donate what you can. And of course if any would like to donate above $100 it is greatly appreciated.
- Participation List (Updated on 10/6)
- Trip Forms/Waivers (Print and Bring to Dalby)
- Payment Link (will be available next week)
- $275 per athlete (Due before November 1st)
- NXR 2023 - Info Sheet & Itinerary
JV State XC Championship
When: Wednesday, November 1st
Where: Niwot HS
Who: All Vista athlets racing at NXR that do not race at the state championship on October 28th.
Meet Info and Website