Without a doubt, Saturday was the best performance for our entire TEAM in Vista Nation history! I am very proud of the way everyone competed, and I hope you are seeing the work you put in over the summer paying off right now in a BIG way! Here are a few things to consider:
- JV Boys: Meet Champions w/ 19 pts and a 51 second pack time. 20 Vista Nation runners placed in the top 30 of the race.
- JV Girls: Meet Champions w/ a perfect 15 pts and a 41 second pack time. 8 Vista Nation runners placed in the top 25 of the race.
- Varsity Boys: Meet Champions w/41 pts and a 26 second pack time. Team average 16:21, Better team average than the 2012 and 2013 state championship teams at St. Vrain.
- Varsity Girls: Meet Champions w/ 44 pts. 1st time to win the meet!
This is why we work so hard year round. The reason we run 6 days a week, why we sometimes run twice a day, why we meet on the weekends, and why we sacrifice a large part of our summers to prepare. It's not easy to do what you did as a TEAM on Saturday. If it was, every other team out there would be doing it. How we performed on Saturday is well beyond "average." Instead, it was exceptional. Keep doing the things that make us exceptional as a TEAM and lets continue to work towards our goals. We are in for a great season!
Mountain Vista Dominates 4A/5A St. Vrain Invite (article)
Race Videos from St. Vrain (link to videos for all races)
Results, Photos, and additional articles (link)
Rock Canyon Invitational
Where: Rock Canyon High School in Highlands Ranch
When: Saturday, September 19th
Arrival: Be at RCHS by 7:30 a.m. on Saturday. There is no bus to this meet.
Course Map (pdf)
Invited Teams (doc)
Time Schedule and Line-Ups:
8:00 am - Middle School Boys Race (MRMS is running)
8:30 am - Middle School Girls Race (MRMS is running)
9:00 am - Boys Varsity (Gleeson, Hellier, Dillon, Lovejoy, Beal, Lund, O'Sullivan)
9:30 am - Girls Varsity (Suntken, Soares, Simmons, Anderson, Walton, A.Nats,
10:00 am - Boys JV (run unlimited, score 5)
10:30 am - Girls JV (run unlimited, score 5)
11:15 am Awards
• Plaques for Top 2 Varsity Boys and Girls Teams
• Awards for Top 15 Varsity Boys and Girls Individuals
• Plaque for Top JV Boys and Girls Team
Awards for Top 10 JV Boys and Girls Individuals
Next week is Homecoming week. Although we want our athletes enjoying the experience of Homecoming there are a few expectations for the week that we want both athletes and parents to be aware of.
- Athletes are expected to be at all practices from start to finish during Homecoming week. 3:10 to 5:00 each day. No missing, or leaving early, there is work to be done!
- Athletes are expected to be at the Dave Sanders Invitational the Friday of Homecoming Week. We will be done in time to make the football game.
- We will have practice from 8 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning the week of Homecoming at MVHS. Everyone should be there.
- The coaching staff would prefer that athletes not play Powder Puff, or Dodgeball, to prevent an unneeded/ridiculous injury (this has happened to us in the past).
- This is the week where we see more athletes get sick than any other. Usually because sleep patterns have a tendency to change. Stay on top of your sleep this week, and get to bed at a normal hour.
Schedule for September 14th-20th
Mon-A.M. Run MVHS 5:30 a.m.
P.M. Practice MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Tue-MVHS 3:10-5 p.m.
Wed-A.M. Run MVHS 6:00 am.
-P.M. Practice MVHS 3:10 p.m.
Thur-A.M. Run MVHS 6:30 a.m.
-Rocky Heights 3:20-5 p.m.
Fri- MVHS 3:10-5 p.m.
Sat-Rock Canyon Invitational
Sun-Optional Run on your own, or w/ a teammate