Mon: MVHS @ 3:00 p.m.
Tue: MVHS @ 3 pm-Coach Boele Will Be Here
Wed: Rocky Heights Middle School @ 3:20 p.m.
Thur: Reynold's Landing Park @ 3:20 p.m.
Fri: MVHS @ 3 p.m.
Sat: Waterton Canyon: Audubon Lot @ 8 am
Sun: Run on your own or call a teammate
Individual Process Goal Meetings
On Friday, we meet as a team to discuss the upcoming track and field season and to talk about what the process might look like to achieve our team and individual goals. Below are the documents form the meeting. If you would like to discuss your individual process goals for the spring season please fill out the "Process Meeting and Goals Form" and bring them to practice with you to give a coach. The coaches will then set up a time with you during A or B lunch (or an off period) to discuss your process goals.
Jeff Boele: Licensed Massage Therapist
When: Tuesday's at practice throughout the season.
Why: To benefit individual athlete health during the Track season.
Who: Anyone on the team needing work done during the season.
Cost: Approximately $5000 for the season (January through May). We are asking that any athlete consistently using coach Boele's services to please make a minimum donation of $150 to the Booster Club in the spring. The 2023 track and field program donation fee link will be available in February near the official start of the spring CHSAA season.
Consent Form: Any athlete wishing to receive treatment from Coach Boele must have the consent form signed by your parents and brought to practice.
Texas Distance Festival
All information, including the link to the hotel block, has been posted. See last weeks blog for trip information and please come see Coach Dalby if you have questions about the trip.
- Texas Distance Festival Trip Information (scroll to the bottom of the page to view information)
Iron Checkup and Supplementation
If you have not done so since the end of the XC season please remember to get your ferritin levels checked again. The coaches recommendation is to have your ferritin levels checked at a minimum of twice a year: Once after the track season, and once after XC season.
Below is information about the importance of iron/ferritin for distance runners. A ferritin level of 30 is the minimum number acceptable for adequate performance as a distance runner. We also recommend that every athlete on the team be taking an iron supplement that works for them. Please come talk to the coaches if you have questions.
- The Importance of Iron in Distance Runners (Blog Post)
- Why You Should Get Your Ferritin Levels Checked (Blog Post)
- A letter from a doctor, with references, about ferritin levels for endurance athletes that you can take with you to your medical provider when you get tested. (Doc)
- Are Your Ferritin Levels Up to Speed? Top Coaches Take Tests for Iron Seriously (article)
- Ironing Out the Details: Know the facts about ferritin and iron before deciding to supplement (article)
- Iron Level Upkeep For Runners (article)